Disciplinary Commissioners for Academic Teachers
Pursuant to Article 277 point 1 and paragraph 4 point 1 of the Act of 20 July 2018. - Law on Higher Education and Science, the Rector appoints disciplinary commissioners from among academic teachers holding at least a doctoral degree. By Decision No. 61 of the Rector of UJ of 8 December 2020 and Decision No. 52 of 5 November 2021, they were appointed for the term 2021-2024 from among the employees of the Faculty of Law and Administration of UJ:
- prof. dr hab. Monika Florczak-Wątor;
- dr hab. Izabela Lewandowska-Malec, prof. UJ;
- dr hab. Barbara Stańdo-Kawecka, prof. UJ;
- dr hab. Dobrosława Szumiło-Kulczycka, prof. UJ;
- dr hab. Szymon Tarapata;
- dr hab. Mikołaj Małecki.
The term of office of the disciplinary commissioners shall be 4 years and began on 1 January 2021.
Disciplinary commissioner shall be bound by orders issued by the authority which appointed him /her to initiate proceedings. Orders may not relate to actions taken by the commissioner within the framework of performed tasks.
In accordance with Article 275 (1) and (2) of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on Higher Education and Science:
An academic teacher shall be subject to disciplinary liability for any disciplinary misconduct which constitutes an act which defaults on the duties of an academic teacher or which offends the dignity of the academic profession.
The termination of employment in a higher education institution shall not exclude disciplinary liability for a disciplinary misconduct committed in the course of such employment.
The termination of employment with a higher education institution shall not preclude disciplinary liability for disciplinary offences committed during the period of such employment.
Information concerning any disciplinary misconduct in written form should be addressed to the UJ Vice-Rector for Human Resources and Financial Management.
University Disciplinary Committee for Academic Teachers
Disciplinary committees at higher education institutions shall adjudicate in disciplinary proceedings.
According to par. 188 of the UJ Statutes, the Disciplinary Committee cannot have more than 25 members. Members of the committee are elected by the Senate; candidates for members of the committee shall be proposed by the council of the respective units, as well as by the university student self-government body. A member of the Committee may not be: Rector, vice-rector, dean, vice-dean, head of institute, deputy head of institute, director of a non-faculty, inter-faculty and common units. Performing a committee member function is the responsibility of an academic teacher.. The term of office of the committee shall be four years.
The members of the University Disciplinary Committee for Academic Teachers and their deputies for the term 2020-2024 were elected by Senate Resolution No. 89/X/2020 of 28 October 2020:
- prof. dr hab. Piotr Tuleja – Faculty of Law and Administration – the Deputy Chairman of the Committee;
- dr hab. Janusz Raglewski, prof. UJ – Faculty of Law and Administration – the Deputy Chairman of the Committee;
- dr hab. Agnieszka Barczak-Oplustil – Faculty of Law and Administration – the Deputy Chairman of the Committee;
- dr hab. Bartłomiej Swaczyna – Faculty of Law and Administration;
- prof. dr hab. Maria Flis – Faculty of Philosphy;
- prof. dr hab. Zofia Fabiańska – Faculty of History;
- prof. dr hab. Ewa Siemieniec-Gołaś – Faculty of Philology;
- prof. dr hab. Janusz Gruchała – Faculty of Polish Studies;
- prof. dr hab. Krzysztof Sacha – Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Applied Computer Science;
- dr hab. Daniel Wilczak, prof. UJ – Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science;
- prof. dr hab. Wiesław Łasocha – Faculty of Chemistry;
- dr hab. Sebastian Hofman – Faculty of Biology;
- dr hab. Alicja Kędziora, prof. UJ – Faculty of Management and Social Communication;
- prof. dr hab. Barbara Stoczewska – Faculty of International and Political Studies;
- prof. dr hab. Jerzy Kruk – Faculty of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Biotechnology;
- dr hab. Jarosław Balon, prof. UJ – Faculty of Geography and Geology;
- prof. dr hab. Andrzej Surdacki – Faculty of Medicine;
- dr hab. inż. Paweł Zagrodzki, prof. UJ – Faculty of Pharmacy;
- dr hab. Dorota Karkowska – Faculty of Health Sciences;
- mgr Halina Kozdęba-Murray – Jagiellonian Language Centre;
- dr Przemysław Grudnik – Małopolska Centre of Biotechnology ;
- dr Dorota Kowalczyk – Teacher Training Centre JU;
- Jakub Bakonyi – Student Council JU;
- Marcelina Kościołek – Student Council JU;
- Karol Królikowski – Student Council JU.
If a member of the University Disciplinary Committee for Academic Teachers is unable to perform the function, the function is performed by a deputy member of the Commission.
Małgorzata Maliszewska - administrative matters
ul. Gołębia 24, room 17 a
tel. +48 12 663-11-36